This position is seasonal with year-round potential based on snow removal operation experience and availability. The landscaping season runs from early April to mid-October.
Job Duties & Functions: The Landscape Project Manager will be responsible for accurately bidding, acquiring material and managing the installation crews to develop a wide range of landscapes including retaining walls, lawn installation, paver walkways and patios, planter beds, fire pits, planting of trees, shrubs and more.
This individual is responsible for:
- Selling and managing landscaping projects from the first meeting with the customer to the completion of each project.
- Providing customer service that results in a positive experience with Kelly Lawn and Landscaping to include, but not limited to, favorable reviews, dispute resolution, and a positive company image.
- Scheduling of projects, equipment and employees.
- Strictly enforcing company policies and demonstrating leadership.
- Acquiring permits when required and knowledge of Right of Way requirements.
- Ensuring that the quality of work is at or above company and industry standards and safe and efficient work practices are being maintained at all times.
- Interview, hire, and evaluate employees that you are directly in charge of to promote a positive team environment.
- Keep clear and accurate communications between owner, customers, and employees.
- Train employees in the field and systematically inspect properties to insure quality of work, safety, and efficiency.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate landscape construction equipment such as excavators, skid steers, chain/demo saws and other small tools.
- Make sure all paperwork and documentation is being fully completed and submitted to allow for tracking, billing, and payroll.
- Assisting the owner with day-to-day decisions for the benefit of the company.
- Previous customer service and sales experience in a similar position with another company.
- 5+ years of experience installing landscapes described above.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Windows and be able to utilize and understand general computer concepts.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of various landscape products and materials.
- Clean driving record (No major infractions in the past 5 years).
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a strong positive, but not required.
- Salary: To be discussed after application
- Commission based on established sales goals and profits of projects
- Commission Payout
- A company vehicle will be provided or compensation for use of a personal vehicle.
- A company gas card will be provided
- Paid Vacation (2 weeks per year)
- Paid Holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day